Autumn has finally arrived which means cosy nights in with a nice Autumnal drink. Here are a few of our personal favourites…
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (if you don’t have this, use cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Pour milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove pulp.
- Return milk mixture to saucepan and simmer, whisking, 2 minutes.
- Add espresso and whisk until foamy, 1 minute.
Autumn Sweet Tea Punch
- 6 cups water
- 2 family size tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- Apple and orange slices to garnish
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring the water to boil
- Remove from heat and add the teabags and cinnamon sticks
- Allow to steep for 6 minutes
- Remove the teabags then add the sugar
- Stir to completely dissolve the sugar
- Put the mixture into a large serving container
- Add the cider, pineapple juice and orange juice
- Garnish with apple and orange slices
- Cinnamon sticks
(One cup of water to one cinnamon stick is probably the best ratio)
- Simmer the cinnamon in water on the stove
- Cool the liquid
- Use as a concentrate mix with ice cold water
Hot Cranberry Tea
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a large pot, combine water and cranberries
- Bring to boil then reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes
- Add sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Cover and steep for 1 hour.
Orange White Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups cold milk
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur e.g. Cointreau
- Whipped cream for topping
- Candied orange peel for garnish
- Bring milk and chocolate slowly to the boil in a small saucepan
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla
- Add orange liqueur
We hope you enjoy!
Froo-t team x